Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Even Song, Even Song, Even Song, how much more boring can it get. Like really can people take in that no 11-18 year old kid wants to take time out of their childhood to be forced to sit through Even song. Actually I should say standing through Even song, I mean sure people take religion very seriously and would want to do that anyways, but not me for I’m not a believer or at least not in religion(sorry Canon Hulse). So here are two reasons why us non-believers should not have to stand through Even Song.

First, our families pay a lot of money to have us go to this school and not for Even Song but for the tremendous education that we are provided with as oppose to a regular public school. I’m sure that me and my parents would much rather have me doing school work than singing hymns. So for this reason I think Even Song should be optional.

Second, I don’t believe in the church or any religion for that matter. To some that is a sin but for me it is a choice and it is truly what I ‘believe’ in. Therefore why should I be forced to stand through Even Song when I don’t even believe in what is being said or sung.

To conclude I think that instead of Even Song we should be learning, because I think most kids would want to learn as oppose to Even Song. Also that it should be a choice to go and not during school but after or before, so that people who are religious can pray and sing and still have the same learning experience as the rest of us.

1 comment: